Wanna connect to internet with the dsl / ppp / pppoe connection in Ubuntu? I found it actually quite easy, easier than connecting from windows.
1. Open up a terminal and run the command:
It'll open up a new window and it'll search for a connection. If it finds any, it'll ask you for username and password in subsequent windows. REMEMBER! the password is written in simple textmode therefore it is visible when you are typing! So, look back and see who's watching from your back. :)
2. Now your connection is set.
3. Whenever you want to CONNECT, just run the command:
sudo pon dsl-provider
Don't close the terminal, minimize it while you're doing other things.
4. If you want to DISCONNECT:
In case you opened more than 1 connection, run this command to close them all:
sudo poff -a
5. Remember, after setting the username and password once, you dont need to set them all the time unless you want to change them completely.
Was the info helpful? Please leave a comment.